Controller board mount
Today I decided to change the way how the main controller board is mounted.
By default is just hanging on the frame and waiting to be shorted by the aluminium profile underneath. It is not mounted securely (only one edge of the board, 2 small screws in plastic mountings).
I have used jodbe’s design on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:193965
). It has really smart solution to hold all the wires – it has built in canals so the wires are not sticking out anymore and the unit becomes very flat.
I have just modified it slightly by removing fan’s mounting points, cutting away side of the board and adding 2 mounting points for my frame clips. Depends on the location on the frame, FULL
) or FLAT
) clip may be used.
To download the files - visit my profile on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/ljwinkler/designs
) or use direct links below:
- original controller board base designed by jodbe (http://www.thingiverse.com/download:363662
- my controller board base (http://www.thingiverse.com/download:425023
- full frame clip (http://www.thingiverse.com/download:409393
- flat frame clip (http://www.thingiverse.com/download:416539
- pin (http://www.thingiverse.com/download:409394
More details on my blog: http://ljwinkler.blogspot.com/2014/01/flat-mounting-clip-for-velleman-k8200.html
For latest updates/projects please subscribe to my blog: http://ljwinkler.blogspot.com/