It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:41 pm 

Hello - I have built the K8600 and most went smoothly - however the USB connector [type B] is mounted perpendicular on the motherboard.
If one wants to connect a USB cable - bending the cable will not be possible as there is not enough distance to do so and this part of the cable is also too rigid.
I hope I missed something ... and Velleman has not overlooked a design issue forcing the user to leave the bottom plate open - even then the cable will obstruct. Also the related chapter 6 [Using the printer] is not filled in ... - so a photo is not available to clarify this issue connecting the USB cable with the printer ... It is a pitty that the USB connector is not accessible from the outside ...

Thanks for all technical feedback !

Gazelle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 pm 
Velleman Support
Velleman Support

Hello

This is chosen on purpose.
The USB is only there for updating the firmware.
As stated in the specifications( communication: an SD card for direct printing and a USB connection for updates )
It's placed in such way you can't use it while printing.

Best Regards
VEL337

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:53 am 

I wonder why the Nano is made so that one can't print through the USB? In Vertex it works very well and is much more practical than fiddling with the S-cards.
Also, why did the Repetier Host for Nano install something like Repetier Server? The Nano dosn't seem to have Network connection either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 am 
Velleman Support
Velleman Support

The repetier server is something from repetier their self. You can perfectly uninstall the server you don't need it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:45 pm 

You can buy a 90degree usb-90 degree angle connector and then let the usb-cable go through the same hole in the back as the cables for the hotend.

Today I have printed from an raspberry pi using good old pronterface with no problems. Prints both from a file loaded into pronterface and from the sd-card in the nano.

Next is to use octoprint as host and simplify3d as slicer. (one slicer and one interface for all my (3) printers)

Have fun
/Niels